This is NOT a religious issue. This is NOT a moral issue. This is a human rights issue. It is no different than giving black people equal rights, or allowing interracial marriage in the USA. No gay person wants to marry their dog, or a chicken, or a child. It is NOT a slippery slope that will bring us ultimately to the destruction of the marriage institution. Marriage for homosexuals is about the same things that marriage between heterosexuals is -- love and commitment between two consenting adults, and they are entitled to all the same rights and benefits we straight people enjoy in our marriage. And if you think that this issue doesn't affect anyone in your life, let me tell you -- you are wrong. Even if you aren't aware of it, you know someone or love someone (maybe even a family member -- gasp!) who is gay and whose civil rights are being denied them. Let's be straight, but not narrow, shall we? I post this video in honor of my son's proud, gay godfather and his HUSBAND! Love WILL prevail.
The players: Michael (Daddy), Jen (Mommy), Kai (Big Brother), Ian (Middle Brother), and Eli (Little Brother)
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
I rarely post stuff like this....
I know that the issue of gay marriage and gay parenting rights is a divisive one, but no matter your views on the subject, you can't help but be touched by this video. Most of my readers are involved in the world of adoption in some way. Sometimes the only way for gay couples to create a family is through adoption! For those of you against equal rights for gays, just remember this -- gay people getting married make you and your heterosexual spouse no less married! And for those who wield The Bible as a weapon against gay marriage or homosexuality, don't you think Jesus would support two people who are in a loving, committed, monogamous, responsible relationship? After all, he never seemed to care about the issue; he only asked that we love one another in a God-like way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jen-that was such a beautiful video! I have been looking for a similar one for my blog because, as you know, I support gay marriage with all of my heart. As a Christian it makes me so sad to see other Christians being so hateful and judgmental and I am positive it makes God sad as well. We are to LOVE EACH OTHER and I think a lot of Christians are missing that boat. Thank you for speaking out about something that is very real and very close to my heart!
ReplyDeleteKendell
I LOVE this...I saw it a month or so ago. Thanks for posting it, it was great to watch it again. And...beautiful post as well!!
ReplyDelete