Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Waiting is hard!

I'm not sure what's worse -- the seemingly never-ending paperchase, or the silence of waiting for the phone to ring with a referral.  At least with the paperchase, I felt like I was moving things forward.  Now I feel like I'm at the mercy of bureaucracy.  I'm trying to remember that we really are very close to knowing our new son, and I'm trying to stay busy (which is not hard when you have two little boys to chase around!)  There were two infant referrals last week, and a toddler girl referral on May 1st, so we're hoping for some toddler boy list movement soon.

Little Ian had surgery on Tuesday morning to have his adenoids removed and a second set of tubes placed in his ears.  The poor little guy has just had an awful time of it with ear infections.  His doctor said that removing the adenoids can help in making him a little less snotty on a daily basis, and they've recently discovered that adenoids are to ear infections what tonsils are to chronic Strep Throat.  So, hopefully my little man will get some relief.  The doctor said that behind the one ear drum that his previous tube had already fallen out of, it was just pure pus!  Nasty.  He said the adenoids were also puss-filled and infected.  He's had a low-grade fever since the surgery, which makes you feel crappy, plus the sore throat from the cauterization and incisions can't feel good.  The only thing he can take is Tylenol (Ibuprofen causes bleeding), and he HATES it.  Almost as much as he hates the antibiotic drops in his ears.  Ahhh, the fun of motherhood!


No comments:

Post a Comment