Ok all you prayerful folks, positive vibe senders, and good thought thinkers out there -- we need you on this one. My good friend Kendell and her husband Marty (see previous post for a summary of their story) are STILL in Ethiopia, after leaving September 5th! They have run into snafu after snafu in regards to their oldest son, Eli's, paperwork. Because of his medical situation, he needs special waivers and paperwork to get him out of Ethiopia and home to Oregon. This paperwork is a mess, and the US embassy officials have been less than helpful (to say the least).
They have already been there 3 full weeks (as compared to the standard 7-10 days), and are being told that it could be 2 more weeks! Marty has to get home to get to work and pay the bills (huge shout out to all the providers out there!), so he's planning on coming home with Isaac in a few days, and leaving Kendell and Eli there to finish up the paper chase. I know how I would feel if I would have to do that without my husband and best friend, so I'm hoping beyond hope that this all comes together so they can go home as a family. Not that Kendell isn't strong enough to do this alone. She is, and tenfold, but who wants to have to do that??
Let's get 'em home, people!!

oh, wow, that is so overwhelming! I am praying for their entire family's homecoming now!
ReplyDeleteso Eli is your Baby Boy #3, too? Love that name! Are you guys going to the park this weekend? Hope so!
k.