I was so happy to wake up this morning and find an email in my inbox from my good friend Kendell Young. She wrote that she and her husband Marty have arrived safely in Addis Ababa and (9 hours ago) were waiting to be picked up to go to Sele Enat Orphanage to get their children!
It became very real to me that this will be our story very soon. She is the first person I actually know who is picking up her children TODAY! That is an amazing thing after the excruciating wait that she and Marty have endured. I am so thankful for them and their wonderful hearts. It makes me feel just a little bit closer to Eli knowing that SHE is hugging and kissing him today. That SHE is giving him all the things that we can't. And that Marty, being a pediatrician, is doing full physical and developmental exams on Eli and all the children there. What an incredible gift.
With my whole heart, I wish the Young's a fabulous, life-changing trip filled with more joy than they can contain! We love you guys!

adoption is an amazing journey... i found your blog through pajamamama... we have been to africa (on a missions trip) and it is so incredible. we plan to adopt one day as well.
ReplyDelete