I am excited and proud to announce that I am joining forces with the fabulous charity, the St. Baldrick's Foundation, to raise money and awareness for pediatric cancer.
This year, on May 14th, I will travel to Portland along with my family and my best friend, Kendell Young, to participate in the annual St. Baldrick's event taking place there. If you are not aware of what goes on at these events, here's the short version -- Kendell is the "shaver" and I'm the "shavee". Yep, that's right. I'm having my head shaved in solidarity with the thousands of victims/fighters/survivors of pediatric cancer who lose their hair every year! And along the way to that day, I'm looking for an army of sponsor warriors to stand with me in our fight.
Many will ask "Why on Earth would you do such a thing?" Well, here's the short version of that too: Back when we lived in Texas, I met a neighbor of mine who would very quickly become my closest friend. I also met her sweet baby boy, Lincoln. At 2 months of age, he was diagnosed with Rhabdomyosarcoma, an aggressive and rare form of cancer not often seen in children, especially not ones as young as Lincy. He bravely and cheerfully fought the cancer beast, but sadly lost his battle on January 12th, 2008 at the WAY too young age of 14 months. His mommy and I continue to grieve his loss daily, and I vowed to do whatever I could to make a difference. I've even attached a few pics of Lincoln so you guys can see why I care so much.
Will you stand with us? No donation is too small, I promise. All donations are tax deductible. Simply click on the link below and you will be taken to my St. Baldrick's web page where you can donate online. You will be sent a tax deductible receipt immediately. My goal is to raise $3,000 by the event date of May 14th.
Thank you all in advance for your support, and please feel free to crosspost so that anyone you feel might be interested in supporting me and Lincoln will see it!
![]() |
| Me and Lincy (10 months old) at the hospital in NYC. |
| Lincoln and his mommy, Carlina, snuggling at the Ronald McDonald House. |
| The sweetest sleeping boy. |


No comments:
Post a Comment