to actually post a picture of the disaster that is my closet right now! Seriously, I'm not sleeping well, and I think it's because my closet is in such a state. OCD? Me? Nope -- for me it's CDO. People who really have issues have to put the letters in alphabetical order. Ha ha ha.
But all joking aside, it's awful. I keep "stacking" stuff in there for our trip, thinking I'm being organized, and it just looks like a hot mess. And to top it off, we're "cat sitting" a friend's cat. Something happened to the floors in her apartment and she had to vacate for a few days. So this cat lets loose the most incredible amount of urine on the Lovesac upstairs. For those of you who don't know, Lovesacs are these awesome yet overpriced, beanbag-like pieces of furniture. Did I mention overpriced? So this cat that isn't even ours just ruined a $350 piece of furniture. Smelled cat pee lately? Nasty. So, now this cat is locked inside our closet with her own litter box, food, and water, until it's owner comes to retrieve it. And she's decided to make her bed on my stack of pajama pants, so now those are all hairy. There's a reason I have hairless cats, people! Gross. And the feel of cat litter on bare feet as I walk on the carpet in there is just a bonus.
So, now we have only to get through this 3-day weekend. Gawd, I hate it when school's out. I don't understand how homeschooling moms do it. At the same time that I take my hat off to you, I think you're nuts. You know who you are. My parents arrive on Tuesday, and we leave on Wednesday at noon, so I'll have a few hours of assistance in pulling together last minute details.
Big thanks go out to my wonderful brother-in-law and fellow Ethiopia-bound traveler for giving me a quick haircut and saving me an hours-long process at my regular hairdresser. Ok, back to my disaster. Er, I mean closet.....

If you ask me-the words TOO and OCD should NEVER be in the same statement!!! NO such thing, friend! :)
ReplyDeleteI had 2 huge piles on the floor in my room before we left-one for each kid. Drove me CRAZY! The chaos is almost over!!! You are leaving in 3 days!!! Can you believe it?! WOOOHOOO!!!
Oh, Jen I am so excited for you and your hot mess! It will all get done, and what doesn't, doesn't. All that matters is that you are DAYS away from holding your boy!
ReplyDeleteHomeschooling moms are nutso, aren't they? ha!