The days are drawing close -- 14 to be exact. We leave on January 20th for Addis Ababa via Amsterdam to pick up our SON! We can hardly believe that the day is coming, and it is completely surreal. I am keeping very busy with travel arrangements, paperwork gathering, prescription filling, T crossing, and I dotting.
I received Eli's Ethiopian birth certificate and adoption decree today -- on my birthday. I truly feel that there is NO better birthday gift than seeing your last name on your new child's birth certificate! Other than actually getting my arms around him, that is.
Many thanks go out to my parents, who have volunteered/insisted on coming out to stay with our boys while we are gone, and of course, to meet their new grandson. We also found out today that Eli and his grandpa T (my dad) have the same birthday! I sense a special bond growing.....
Very exited, very happy, and feeling very blessed here at the Briola house.

Jen - CONGRATS again!
ReplyDeletePlease send me the photo of Shimeles with the monkey- you are right PRECIOUS!!!!
Blessings,
Jill
Yea! Yea! Yea! You are in for an AMAZING experience. I enjoyed every minute of it - such and adventure and time of growth. I'm so happy your long wait is drawing to a close. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Jen! I do hope we get to meet your Eli at a gathering soon! Can't wait to hear of all your travels/preparations!
ReplyDeleteYay! Jen, I'm so excited for you and selfishly excited that you'll be able to see my little girl and love on her, too! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you!!! What a great birthday present!
ReplyDeleteWOOOHOOO!!! Eli Shimeles is coming home! I am on pins and needles!!! I may just stalk you via email while you are there so I can hear about every little thing he says and does!!! Cannot wait to hear about the first time you get to HOLD him!!! You are ALMOST there, friend!!!
ReplyDelete