But the images I've seen of Ethiopian orphanages literally full of little boys keeps haunting me. I know our son is there. I know he is waiting for us. And I know it will happen when all the timing is just perfect. But I am still human, still impatient, and still OCD. So yes, I compulsively check email, blogs, the answering machine, and my voicemail. And yes, I count days on a calendar. But very soon, I'll be counting the days until we get to go bring our African prince home. I'm sure of it. Ok, I feel better now. :-)
The players: Michael (Daddy), Jen (Mommy), Kai (Big Brother), Ian (Middle Brother), and Eli (Little Brother)
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Tick tock.....
Ok, I decided to make myself a little bit crazier and actually look at the calendar to see how long we've been languishing at #1 on our waiting list. 6 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS!! C'mon, already people! I keep hearing that everyone wants an infant girl, and that our category (toddler boy) is the least requested -- but all I keep seeing are the infant girl referrals flying by. Now, don't get me wrong -- I am VERY happy that there are babies finding forever families, and am anxiously waiting for our new IAN friends (and neighbors -- Sachse shout out!), Matt & Heather Prestenberg to receive the best news of their lives. They are #1 on BOTH the infant girl and infant twins lists!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Jen - Hang in there. The wait at number 1 was by far the hardest of the entire 18 month process for me. Your little guy is there waiting for you. Maybe I even held him and played sidewalk chalk with him last week. One thing i have to say is that observing all the children with their new families last week, they were all, and I mean all, such perfect matches with the families! Its a bit uncanny. I know its so hard right now but you won't believe how perfectly it all unfolds and makes sense later. Praying for you lots.....with great sympathy,
ReplyDeleteKerry
There is so much pressure when you are #1! Every email and every time the phone rings you get your hopes up only to have them come crashing down-it takes a lot out of you!!! I know exactly how you are feeling as we spent a record 6 months @ #1. The days drag on and on w/no end in sight. I know your little man is out there and once you see a picture of his beautiful face you will no longer care how long you had to wait! I promise!!!
ReplyDeleteAmen sister! It's been 4 weeks and 1 day that we've been #1 on our lists. It's about to drive us nuts. Heather's off to Charlotte, NC this weekend so we'll have to all get together sometime when she returns.
ReplyDelete