Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, December 11, 2009

Introducing.....

Elliot Shimeles Tegene Briola!!!



Yes, that's right, we passed court today! It came as a complete surprise, as we didn't pass yesterday when we had our scheduled court date. But our agency, International Adoption Net, is AWESOME, and the Ethiopian staff worked tirelessly to get the missing paperwork from the Ethiopian government into the right hands, and get our case heard. We are so very thankful for them, and are anxious to thank them in person, which brings us to....

Travel! Our travel plans are not firm, as our embassy date (which determines when you travel) will not be confirmed for several weeks yet, but January 27th is looking really good and is very likely.

Needless to say, we are overwhelmed, thankful, and beyond excited. It is mixed with sadness for his birth mother who, as I've posted before, has made the ultimate sacrifice. We are forever indebted to her, and consider her family, although we've never met. I promise to her that we will love Shimeles beyond measure and give him the best life possible. And that we will never let him forget her. Whoever you are, wherever you are, we love you. And we love our son!

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous boy!!! I'm so happy for your all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...my absolute FAVORITE picture of him!!!

    I am so happy and so thankful that he is FINALLY coming home!!! I know it was a long, hard road full of delays, but now a new and amazing adventure begins!!! Congrats, mommy of 3 BEAUTIFUL boys!!! I could not be happier for you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so beautiful!! So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific day! Congrats to your family. He is so handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this picture...I'm still SO happy you guys passed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it!!! YAY! So happy for you and Eli! (and the rest of your bevy!)

    Congrats-Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is beautiful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Eli is beautiful...and only 6 weeks until he's in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh he is a doll! Now go get him!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just exploring some IAN blogs...

    CONGRATS!!! Shimeles is adorable :) I know you can't wait to bring him home!!!

    ReplyDelete